On the 7th of December 2022, I was called to the Largest Bar in Africa.
It's been a long journey filled with challenges and Victories.
You can now address me as O.P Olaoba Esq, LLB, BL, ACIArb (UK), Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Nigeria.
Woke up a degree hotter! S. C. Omeh Esq. BL, First Class Honours.
Director General's Prize for Attaining a First Class at the Nigerian Law School.
Hon. Justice Aloma Muktar's Prize for Best Female Student, Civil Litigation.
So at about 11:00hrs on 06.12.22, I became a Lawyer. It’s been a long and tedious journey but God has been faithful.
A.O. Ayileka, Esq. (LL.B, B.L)
Barrister and Solicitor of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
WELCOME MESSAGE FROM THE NBA
To our Newest Member,
1. On behalf of @NigBarAssoc President, @YCMaikyauSAN, I congratulate you on your call to the Bar. We understand and acknowledge the pride, joy and sense of accomplishment that accompany one’s final attainment of this status.
12. Follow our handles and this website link to download the NBA Constitution and Rules of Professional Conduct to know more about the workings of your Bar and that you may be guided in your conduct - nigerianbar.org.ng/our-const….
Once again, congratulation and welcome!
11. Finally, I commend the virtues of honesty, dedication, hard work and professionalism to you as virtues that will serve you well, and earn you a good name, prominence and a comfortable living within the legal profession.
10. It is pertinent to note that everything you do going forward reflects on legal profession as a whole. You must therefore carry yourselves as worthy ambassadors of our noble profession. Your conduct must be above aboard at all times!
9. We will continue to work to secure opportunities for Nigerian lawyers. One of our many aspirations as an administration is to create an enabling environment for a more prosperous Nigerian lawyer and bequeath a worthy profession to future generations of Nigerian lawyers.
8. In the meantime, please be informed that NBA committees on mentorship and employment as well as the Institute of Continuing Legal Education are working tirelessly to create training, pupillage and job opportunities which we hope that you would be able to take advantage of.